Locations of recent, current and anticipated faculty projects include the following.
- Water-resource exploration and well drilling: Tanzania, Chad, and Nigeria (J. Clark)
- Geological investigations in conjunction with archeological research: northern Sinai, Egypt and Askelon, Israel (S. Moshier)
- Integrated sanitation and waste-water abatement: Eastern Cape Province, RSA; Land-use and water supply analysis, and geological mapping in mineral district, northern Tanzania; Community development planning, sanitation, alternate energy, stream restoration, and geological resource inventory, Kosovo (J. Greenberg)
- Geophysical surveying and mapping of geological structures as support for groundwater exploration and well drilling, La Gonave and other areas of Haiti (J. Clark and J. Greenberg)
- Invention and field testing of low-cost geophysical instruments for the exploration of groundwater by global NGOs (J. Clark)
- Geological mapping and exploration for local building materials, Rwanda (J. Greenberg)